Want to have a deeper connection with your audience? How about your friends & family… yes please! Did you know there isn’t a problem that can’t be solved with a little more listening… yet typically this is one of our lesser developed communication skills.
Communication isn’t just about what you say, it is 50% speaking and 50% listening. Most programs about effective communication focus on speaking with influence and leading change by setting a compelling vision, yet over 93% of change initiatives fail. There is a missing ingredient – leaders who listen.
Only 2% of leaders have ever received any training on how to listen.
We tackle how we can get better at listening with today’s guest, Deep Listening expert Oscar Trimboli. Oscar shares with us how listening shapes our ability to present value when we’re selling, and how we can best use it to create better engagements and overall better relationships with our customers.
This episode was one of my favourites to record because I spent most of my time frantically writing down golden nuggets from Oscar that I’ve been actively using ever since and guess what – they work!
Don’t miss out on some practical, useful, and powerful listening tips. Tune in now!
We’ll be talking about:
- We’re all struggling with the listening side of things [2:10]
- How Oscar was challenged to listen and create millions of deep listeners [04:20]
- How we listen [07:14]
- 3 really practical tips to listen better and listen well [10:32]
- How does hydrating help [13:43]
- Getting people to hear you out by letting them talk about themselves [18:24]
- We’re so used to telling people [20:04]
- Asking the right questions [21:44]
- Asking “what” on your social media posts yields higher engagement [23:09]
- Oscar shares a story [25:22]
- Many of us listen to what people say rather than what they mean [27:36]
- Listening well helps you ask and showcase product value better [29:19]
- Asking the right questions is powerful in handling lurking objections in sales [31:45]
- The best way to listen to people individually is by engaging them in questions [33:39]
- Getting a group not only to listen to you but also to each other provides experience [35:00]
- Think of a question that connects you to the leader and the leader to the rest [37:14]
- Oscar’s mission to convert millions of people to deep listeners [39:53]
- There isn’t a person whose problem can’t be solved with a little more listening [41:06]
Oscar Trimboli is on a quest to create 100 million Deep Listeners in the world. He is an author, Host of the Apple Award winning podcast—Deep Listening and a sought-after keynote speaker. He is passionate about using the gift of listening to bring positive change in homes, workplaces and the world.
Connect with Oscar Trimboli:
- Visit Oscar Trimboli’s website: https://www.oscartrimboli.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oscartrimboli/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oscardtrimboli/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/
- Teamzy: https://teamzy.com/
Connect with Direct Selling Accelerator:
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwiHRznJ6Iimj1aRD3xdKow/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auxanomarketing/
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/auxanomarketing/
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any podcast suggestions or things you’d like to learn about specifically, please send us an email at the address above. And if you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.