Change is the only constant thing about our world, but how do we cope? With the recent challenges we’ve been facing, I decided to pull someone in to chat to us who has truly experienced this industry through highs, lows and everything in between.
In today’s episode, we’ve invited a very special guest, who can speak to us about embracing change. What with his experience of 30 years in the industry, I believe there’s no better person to talk to us about our topic for today than John Haines — director of Amway Australia and New Zealand.
John Haines is the Director of Amway Australia and New Zealand. With a background in marketing and sales, John has been with Amway for 30 years. He has truly experienced both highs and lows of the business that has stood the test of time. John believes that life is a journey and through difficult times you must demonstrate grit and resilience to power through, and that’s exactly what he has shown with Amway.
Jump into this podcast with me and learn how grit and resilience can be your most valuable asset through changing times.
We’ll be talking about:
- Introduction [0:00]
- Who is John Haines? [2:06]
- John shares how his journey with Amway started and where it has brought him [4:25]
- John’s favorite Amway products [7:27]
- The evolution of industry: Changes in the business over the last 18 months [10:34]
- The biggest challenge for business owners today and how to overcome it [16:06]
- Inspiration and motivation can be brought about by recognition [17:27]
- John’s favorite thing about the industry [20:54]
- Characteristics of a successful business owner [22:11]
- Advice for people who’d like to start their direct selling journey [23:40]
- Amway’s plans for their 50th anniversary celebration [25:16]
- Staying connected in the last 12-18 months [28:42]
- Is there a right and wrong in building a business? [31:11]
- John’s book recommendations [32:41]
- Why John chooses to be Superman [34:08]
- John’s motto [34:31]
- What’s next for John Haines? [35:04]
- John’s tips in staying young at heart [36:24]
- Amway and charities [38:05]
About Our Guest:
John Haines is the Director of Amway Australia and New Zealand. With a background in marketing and sales, John has been with Amway for 30 years. One can say that he has truly experienced both highs and lows of the business that has stood the test of time. John believes that life is a journey and through difficult times you must demonstrate grit and resilience to power through, and that’s exactly what he has shown with Amway.
- Killing Time by Jimmy Barnes https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Time-Short-stories-long/dp/1460759486
- Jimmy Barnes, Ian Moss & Mahalia Barnes – When The War Is Over (Music From The Home Front 2020) https://youtu.be/pcR6ML0Saew
Connect with John Haines:
- John Haines’ LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-haines-40421a16/?originalSubdomain=au
Connect with Direct Selling Accelerator:
- Visit our website: https://www.auxano.global/
- Subscribe to Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwiHRznJ6Iimj1aRD3xdKow/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auxanomarketing/
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/auxanomarketing/
- Email us at email@example.com
If you have any podcast suggestions or things you’d like to learn about specifically, please send us an email at the address above. And if you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.