Subscribe: Omny | Spotify | iTunes| YouTube
You’ve got a direct selling business and you are trying to build your team, however, but it’s so hard to find people that stick around and care about the business like you do! As if by some strange voodoo, you get stuck with having to recruit team over and over again without ever appearing to grow your team at all. And as if that’s not bad enough, a key player suddenly decides to pull out, leaving a big hole in your business! Does this situation sound too familiar?
Most newcomers in the direct selling industry get stuck in that vicious recruitment loop just as much as veterans do. But you aren’t alone in this, let’s talk about what you can do to break that cycle.
In this week’s podcast episode, I chat with Lyndsey Baigent who aside from being a special friend is also a direct sales success coach and trainer. We talk about the best way to grow your team what you need to look for in recruits, and how you can make them stay with you for a longer period of time. We’ll also be talking about ultimately reminding yourself that this industry is all about having fun!
Don’t get stuck in the recruitment loop! Tune in to this episode now!
We’ll be talking about:
- Lindsey’s history with direct sales [01:01]
- Growing your team during an unprecedented event [04:05]
- Personal development is the acquisition of knowledge [06:45]
- People tend to offload their responsibilities [08:12]
- Taking responsibility and having a firm focus is important in this time and space [10:47]
- Family is the best space to exercise how you can influence and inspire your team [13:43]
- How to grow and motivate your team using the Thompson Rule [18:56]
- Don’t look for the one superstar to do a lot [22:30]
- Attract people who are aligned with your business values [26:07]
- The more people you have, the more people want to join your team [29:31]
- Seek first to understand, then be understood [32:22]
- The more you force motivation, the more they pull away [37:37]
- The direct selling industry is all about fun [39:02]
About Our Guest:
Lyndsey Baigent is a direct sales success coach and trainer. She is the owner of the Party Plan Revolution, a company that helps direct sellers fast track their career by providing top tips, tools, and strategies. Being in the space for more than 20 years, she has honed her skills which allowed her to help direct sellers further their careers.
- Connect with Lyndsey Baigent on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LyndseyBaigent
Connect with Direct Selling Accelerator:
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwiHRznJ6Iimj1aRD3xdKow/
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/auxanomarketing/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auxanomarketing/
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.